9.09.2011

In the Stillness

What's next?!  Where to now?!?  This picture was actually taken about three years ago when my family took a train into the mountains to go skiing.  I was sitting behind my sister, Jackie, watching her stare out the window into an old rustic looking train station.  At the time I thought it looked cool and artsy, just a fun photo.  It's definitely not a great picture by any means but looking at it now it still looks kinda cool I think.  Sitting in trains, cars, planes, or buses this is what you usually would find me doing...mostly because I get car sick if I don't just stare out the window...but watching Jackie just stare out the window through the lens of my camera put the image in a little different perspective.  Getting lost in your thoughts as you watch the space outside whiz by you is mesmerizing and addicting.   
 This picture I took on one of those days I was just out shooting and playing around with all those buttons my camera has:-)  This is just one of the many beaches I could visit while living in Pensacola.  Okay, so there are many things I miss about Minnesota and the weather is definitely one of them; however, after living here a year I can honestly say that the winter weather here in Pensacola isn't "that bad:-)".  This picture was taken on one of those winter days that aren't so bad!  There was no humidity, sun was shining and there was a cool breeze.  The temperature was a balmy 40 degrees and I can say in all honesty that it was gorgeous and I was happy to be a Floridian.
Hahaha-okay, so maybe i'm laughing to myself right now; however, if you remember or read my first post I mentioned that I took my camera out and found some wooden posts to photograph!  Well, here they are.  There are actually a bunch, but these are two of my favorite.  Yep, wooden posts with some dumb seagulls inhabiting them:-)





No comments:

Post a Comment