9.09.2011

An Amateur

Taking pictures is something i've always loved doing.  People tend to make fun of me because I show up to most things with my camera.  They also like to tease because there have been many times where I will just get in the car with my camera and drive until I see something pretty or picture worthy and i'll park my car and start shooting.  Yes, this even consists of getting out of the car to take pictures of posts (wood posts)...yes, wood posts that have bird poop all over them:-)  When I do this it's generally a good time to just play with my camera and figure out what all the little buttons do!  I had fun taking pictures of those wood posts that day.  I've always been one to take pictures of very random things as well as people, animals, or landscapes.  My favorite thing to photograph is events like family get togethers, days at the lake, when I babysit, or celebrations of sorts, or even when I'm meeting up with friends who have kiddos i'll usually always end up with my camera in hand.  On rare occasions I have had people call or ask me to take pictures of them or their children or some event that they might be having.  Moral of the story is that I love taking pictures...and most of the time there are fun stories behind the pictures or meaning.  That being said, I thought it might be a good time to start putting some of my favorite pictures up for ya all to see.

Disclaimer:  I didn't go to a school for photography, nor did I take a class on "how to take pictures 101," or "photography for dummies," I simply learned myself...by doing exactly what I described above.  I love to play with my camera and it's always a bonus when I learn a thing or two each time I take it out:-) I don't pretend to know what i'm doing every time I go out and shoot.  In fact, more often then not I have to re-adjust settings, lighting, aperture and shutter speeds and so on just to create that 'perfect' image.  I'm no pro, just a girl with a camera capturing God's creations.

God gives us perfect moments all day and every day, but to the average eye it's hard to see those moments.  It's hard to recognize those moments when we are speeding through our days.  We forget to freeze time every once and a while and soak it all up, God's glory and grace that is.  We forget to remember the perfect moments when they fly by.  However, when looking through a lens things seem so much more clear and suddenly those moments, God's perfection and pure image, stand still for just that split second and with just one little click of a button that moment can be remembered forever.  Looking at pictures reminds me that God really does bless our lives all the time, the pictures won't let you forget.  It could be a smile, a flower, rolling tides, giggling faces, a warm hug, a colorful sunset, a football game, a birthday cake, holding hands, feet in a puddle, or somber look, or a panting dog that remind us that God's creations are everywhere and always perfect in His eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment